The Smart RRS final workshop «Road restraint systems for motorcyclists: from theory to practice» was held at Applus IDIADA (Tarragona-Spain) on March 14th, 2012.
The partners of the Smart RRS project were pleased of counting on, among others, the presence of Mrs. Maria-Cristina Marolda (EC DG MOVE - Transport & Mobility Research and Innovative Transport Systems).
You can download documents and media.
Agenda and documents to download:
- Presentation «EC-DG MOVE C2 Research and Innovative Transport Systems». María-Cristina Marolda. «Road restraint systems for motorcyclists: from theory to practice».
- Presentation «FEMA». Philip Vogt. «Motorcyclists and guardrails: a user perspective».
- Presentation «LIER». Martin Page. «Standardization work in Europe».
- General presentation. Juan J. Alba. «SmartRRS project presentation: rationale, objectives and work overview».
- Demonstration. Crash test according to TS 1317-8.
Round table. What do we have in hand? What remains to improve?
Moderator: Maria-Cristina Marolda (European Commission).
Panelists: Marco Pierini (Università degli Studi di Firenze), Juan J. Alba (Universidad de Zaragoza), Peter Frere (TRW Conekt, Principal Product Engineer), René Molina (Applus IDIADA).
- Pictures and video: Picture 1, Picture 2, Picture 3, Picture 4, Picture 5, Video.